Roscoe's Leather Bread
2 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Milk to moisten about 1/2 c.
Mix together with hands.
Knead until smooth.
Roll out to about 1/2"-1" thick.
Cut with biscuit cutter.
Fry in hot bacon fryings until done and lightly browned. ( Doesn't take long to fry).
Roscoe was my Step-dad and had been a cook in the Navy. Leather Bread was one of the favorites he was asked to make. It is so good!!
- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
- Alfredo Noodles Mix--Jar Mix--TNT
- Hamburger Helper Mix--Jar Mix-TNT
- Flavored Rice Mix---Jar Mix
- Casserole Sauce/Cream Soup Mix---TNT
- Hot Cocoa Mix ---TNT
- French Vanilla Cappuccino Mix --- TNT
- Lime Jello Mold
- Cream Cheese Bars--TNT
- Banana Split Cake--TNT
- Peanut Butter Crunchies--TNT
- Mom's Sour Cream Cookies--TNT
- Great-Grandma's Coffee Cake--TNT
- Roscoe's Leather Bread--TNT
- Great-Grandma's Cream Puffs and Custard Filling--T...
- Welcome to My Cookbook
- ▼ December (16)